Here are my predictions for the first round of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- Boston vs Montréal -- Boston, but it will be a nail biter, and I will be rooting for Montréal.
- Washington vs New York Rangers -- The Caps will win this one without too much difficulty.
- New Jersey vs Carolina -- Carolina may pull off a surprise, but I predict that the Devils will ultimately win it. In a perfect world both teams would lose.
- Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh -- Pittsburgh will discover that they actually have talent and pull off a win.
- San Jose vs Anaheim -- This will be the big upset series. San Jose will lose, and probably lose convincingly.
- Detroit vs Columbus -- Don't let the regular season fool you, Detroit will walk all over Columbus, much to my disappointment.
- Vancouver vs St Louis -- Vancouver never fails to pull defeat from the jaws of victory. I do not expect this year to be any different. St Louis will win.
- Calgary at Chicago -- Chicago is a team on the rise, but I do not think that this is the year that they rise out of the first round. Calgary will win.
So, Do yo agree with me? Let's see how well I do, and don't forget to visit my sponsors.