Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2009 NHL Playoff Predictions

Here are my predictions for the first round of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

  • Boston vs Montréal -- Boston, but it will be a nail biter, and I will be rooting for Montréal.
  • Washington vs New York Rangers -- The Caps will win this one without too much difficulty.
  • New Jersey vs Carolina -- Carolina may pull off a surprise, but I predict that the Devils will ultimately win it. In a perfect world both teams would lose.
  • Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh -- Pittsburgh will discover that they actually have talent and pull off a win.
  • San Jose vs Anaheim -- This will be the big upset series. San Jose will lose, and probably lose convincingly.
  • Detroit vs Columbus -- Don't let the regular season fool you, Detroit will walk all over Columbus, much to my disappointment.
  • Vancouver vs St Louis -- Vancouver never fails to pull defeat from the jaws of victory. I do not expect this year to be any different. St Louis will win.
  • Calgary at Chicago -- Chicago is a team on the rise, but I do not think that this is the year that they rise out of the first round. Calgary will win.

So, Do yo agree with me? Let's see how well I do, and don't forget to visit my sponsors.

1 comment:

Bernard said...

In the West:

Detroit over Columbus in four
Anaheim over San Jose in seven
Vancouver over St Louis in six
Chicago over Calgary in six

In the East:
Boston over Montreal in five
Washington over Rangers in six
Carolina over New Jersey in five
Pittsburgh over Philly in six